We back, we back, we back AGAIN

 


So I've decided to get the ol' blog up and running again. 

Or rather, I seem to have gotten my life into some kind of order, which has allowed me more time to write, something I've thoroughly missed in the past 3 years, and a part of myself I've dearly missed expressing. 

The past 3 years have been A LOT. Of course, it's  been alot for anybody who lives on Planet Earth. Some perspective on my experience, though- I started working again after being home with Adam for a year, and about a month in, I found out I was pregnant. With twins. (YIKES RIGHT)  Then a few weeks after, lockdown happened as the world was plunged head- first into the Covid-19 Pandemic.

Having a high- risk pregnancy during a pandemic was kind of insane. It was all solo doctor visits and scans, constant Covid screenings, overzealous hand-sanitizing and compulsory mask-wearing (while already struggling for breath, due to 2x developing fetuses pushing down on my internal organs as they grew). 

All said and done, we welcomed the twins in September 2020 at 37 weeks, with absolutely no complications and no NICU time needed. 'Blessed', is an understatement.

Since then, it's been a crazy rollercoaster of a life. We've somehow held it together, despite each day being a haze of sleep- deprivation, resounding Miss Rachel and Blippi themes, breaking up baby fights and cleaning up food and snacks which have somehow been intricately mashed into the carpets (and comprises about 90 percent of the day's cleaning.) 

The rest of the time is spent cleaning cute but gross little hands and noses, from God knows what kind of bacterium, which almost certainly contains some dreaded plague that's sure to infect all three kids within hours of each other. Dramatic? Nope. Straight facts- as most people with multiple kids will know.

We're now approaching 2023 with our 2-year old twins and 5- year old son, and as harrowing as life has been this year, I'm looking forward to what the Festive season and the new year holds, and happy I've been given the time and opportunity to start writing both professionally and personally.

That's me for now.

Till' the next x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair

Nicey nicey shoe shoe

Breakfast love